Garbage Collection in the Northern Village of Green Lake is provided by contractor.
Shkopich Enviro – 1-855-236-5200
Greenland Waste, who can be contacted at 306-763-3133.
The Northern Village of Green Lake does not have a landfill. All solid waste and recycle is transported out of the community.
Rural or Cottage Owners
– System consists of 6 yard bins located at central point in the community.
– Each homeowner must transport their own waste and recycling to the drop off location.
– Both waste and recycling is available
– Cost is $240.00/year per property with improvement on it. Vacant land is excluded.
– Bins are locked, new customers can obtain a key from the municipal office.
– Billing occurs in July for the entire year.
– Curbside pickup by the contractor garbage truck
– When you setup your utility account for water and sewer you will be issued garbage bins and the costs associated with collection will be charged monthly with your utility billing.
Commercial and Industrial Customers
– Customers are required to contract directly with Greenland Waste for service: 306-763-3133
Renovation or New Construction
– All customers are required by Bylaw to rent their own bins to dispose of debris from renovation or construction, or they may haul their own waste to a regional landfill of their choice. Bins are available for rent from:
– Greenland Waste at 306-763-3133 or Shkopich Enviro at 306-236-5200.
PLEASE NOTE THAT ALL PROPERTIES WITH BUILDINGS INTENDED FOR HABITATION ARE REQUIRED TO PARTICIPATE IN THE WASTE PROGRAM.
For your information: Waste Collection Bylaw
- If you are unsure if your item can be recycled look at it and see if you can find the recycle symbol if its there, then please recycle once it is rinsed out or free of debris.